5 Day Train Travel: Beijing-Datong-Pingyao
Tour Duration: 5 days (start from about 8:00 am and back around 5:00pm)
Accommodation: 2 nights in well selected hotel (2 persons share one room with daily breakfasts).
Destination: Beijing, Datong, Pingyao, Taiyuan, Beijing
Payment Method: Cash, Credit Cards, Wire, Western Union
Tour Guide Language: English, other language speaking guide (French, Japanese, Spanish etc.) is available, if need, please contact us!
Feature: 5 dyas Private tour, sedrvice inlude hotel transfer+train tickets+railway transfer+hotel+private tour guide+entrance tickets, to enjoy the Buddhist Grottoes city Datong & the UNESCO World Heritage Site-Pingyao city.
Details of 5 Day Train Travel: Beijing-Datong-Pingyao
Day 1 Beijing/Datong
Take the overnight train K605 (23:36 - 06:21) or 2603 (23:47-07:01) from Beijing to Datong, the famous coal city in China.
Day 2 Datong/Pingyao (by tour bus or car) (B)
A local tour guide will meet you at the railway station and take you out for breakfast. Our bus will leave for Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery at 9:00 am and return to the railway station at approx. 4:30 pm. This gives you enough time to walk around the downtown area where you will see the Nine-Dragon Wall and some old streets. Take the overnight train 2462 (22:39-07:19) to Pingyao, a UNESCO Culture Heritage Site.
- Yungang Grottoes: Another UNESCO Culture Heritage Site. It is the largest cluster of Grottoes in China with some 51,000 sculpures of varying sizes in 53 rock caves. This grottoes has a history of 1,500 years old.
- Hanging Monastery: With a history of 1,400 years and being constructed on precipitous cliffs, the temple makes itself an architectural wonder throughout history by standing as far as 50 meters from the ground.
- Nine-Dragon Wall: The oldest and largest glazed screen in China today. The screen can be divided into three parts, the pedestal, body and roof. It is of 8 meters (about 26 feet) high, 2.02 meters (6.6 feet) thick and 45.5 meters (149 feet) long.
Day 3 Pingyao (B)
A local tour guide will meet you at the railway station and take you to your hotel (Folk Hotel). Visit the Pingyao Ancient Town and Shuanglin Temple. Return to Folk Hotel.
- Pingyao Ancient Town: One of China's best-preserved ancient county towns with a history of 2,700 years, Pingyao represents a typical city built by Hans during the Ming and Qing Dynasties, therefore its reputation as "Treasure House of Ancient Chinese Architectures."
- Shuanglin Temple: A time-honored Buddhist temple. Famous for Chinese scholar trees of the Tang Dynasty, stone steles of the Song Dynasty and bells of the Ming Dynasty together with exquisite ancient architectures.
Day 4: Pingyao/Taiyuan/Beijing (B)
After breakfast, we will go to Taiyuan, the capital city of Shanxi Province, and visit Qiao Courtyard Houses Complex and Jinci Temple on the way. After dinner, we will take the overnight train K602 (21:30-08:05) or K610 (21:20-05:28) from Taiyuan to Beijing.
- Qiao Courtyard Houses Complex: It was built during the Emperor Qianlong's reign of the Qing Dynasty. The most exquisite relics in the solemn compound are brick carvings, woodcarvings and stone sculpture, as well as plaques and painted murals.
- Jinci Temple: It is noted for its "three wonders": two trees (a cypress dating back to the Zhou and a scholar tree planted in the Sui), an evergurgling spring, and Song-dynasty statues of seven serving maids.
Day 5: Beijing
Arrive Beijing in the morning.
Tour Price (exchange rate: 1US$ = 6.35CNY)
Price List for 5 Days Beijing-Datong-Pingyao Train Tour - price for per person
Datong: HongQi Grand Hotel;
Pingyao: Zhengjia Hotel or DeJuYuan Hostel;
Taiyuan: HuaYuan Hotel;
Two persons share one standard room; please pay single supplement for a single room.
1. Pick-up and drop-off from railway;
2. Entrance tickets of sightseeing;
3. 3-star hotel accommodation(two shared one room);
4. Meals as listed in itinerary, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner;
5. Private Tour buses/taxies;
6. English-speaking tour guide explain the sightseeing;
7. Return train ticket.
1. Single Room Supplement;
2. Tips to the driver and the guide.
Tour Booking or Enquiry Form
1. Welcome to use our online service. You can just fill in the online reservation form above or send your any travel questions by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our tour advisors will contact you with your detail tour information during the working hour (9:00am~19:00pm).
2. You are also welcomed to call us at 86-10-51660414. If you have urgent matters after our normal office hour, please contact us at 86-13910684455 (24 hours available).
3. We accept last minute booking. Our trip advisors will have your booking confirmed no more than 12 hour working time. Once your reservation is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email or call from us, including the detailed itinerary with prices.Payment Methods:
1. Cash to tour guide (CNY/ USD);
2. Credit Card through PayPal;
3. Western Union Money Transfer.
4. Bank Remit (Wire Transfer);Useful Remark:
1. Please tell us your accommodation place in Beijing (better with room number) via email, which is convenient for our tour guide to pick you up on tour day smoothly.
2. At the night before tour day, our tour guide will call you to inform you the actual pick up time; if you are not in hotel room, we will leave a message for you with specific time.
We had a wonderful time, we enjoyed the tour around Beijing! In Datong the hanging monastery and Yungang Buddhist caves are very impressive. Pingyao, the ancient Chinese city was a highlight of this trip. Train tour was tired but we enjoy it! Thanks to the tour guide!
I book this tour on line and via email. Their service is really good and we had a very wonderful tour! We took a overnight train to Datong and when we got the train station the tour guide picked us uo from the station. We went to the Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery after breakfast. The tour guide Lily was so kind and knowledgeable, her explanation was so good and interesting. We also have a view of the famous Nine Dragon Screen, really beautiful! We visited Pingyao Ancient Town, Shuanglin Temple, Qiao Courtyard Houses Complex and Jinci Temple in the last 2 days, all were very great. The driver was also good, he was skillful and kept the car very clean, we were very confortable in his car! I am very satisfied about this tour and hightly reccommend the tour and this company to you!
Beijing China Tours
- Beijing Xian Tour
- Beijing Tianjin
- Beijing Shanghai
- Beijing Guilin
- Beijing Datong
- Beijing Pingyao
- Beijing Luoyang
- Beijing Chengde
Hot Beijing Tour
- Great Wall Tour
- Beijing Tour Packages
- Beijing Day Tour
- Beijing Private Tour
- Beijing Bus Tour
- Beijing Half Day Tour
- Beijing Theme Tour
Popular China City Tours
- Shanghai Tour
- Xian Tour
- Guilin Tour
- Lhasa Tour
- Yunnan Tour
- Chengdu Tour
- Hangzhou Tour
- More China City Tours
- Call Center86-10-51660414
- Working Hours9:00AM~6:00PM
Beijing Tour Guide
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- French Speaking Tour Guide
- Spanish Speaking Tour Guide
- Japanese Speaking Tour Guide
- Russian Speaking Tour Guide
- Italian Speaking Tour Guide
Tour Customer Review
Xanthe : "Fantastic in-depth Beijing Great Wall tour gave us forever memory of the Great Wall. Grand monument and mythical scenery, every side of Great Wall attracts us deeply. In fact, climbing Great Wall was very tired, so we choice took the cable car the second day. I found it was a good idea to take cable..."