Ancient City Tour
Duration: 6 days
Accommodation: 5 nights in well selected hotel (2 persons share one room with daily breakfasts).
Day 1 ~ Day 4 - Beijing (Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Badaling Great Wall, Summer Palace, etc)
Day 4 ~ Day 5 - Xian (Terra Cotta Warriors, Wild Goose Pagoda, Tang Dynasty Show, Bell Tower)
Day 5 ~ Day 6 - Xian to Beijing or Shanghai (Provincial Museum, Ancient City Wall)
Payment Method: Cash, Credit Cards, Wire, Western Union
Tour Guide Language: English, other language speaking guide is available, if need, please contact us!
Feature: This tour covers the major historical sites in most important historical cities, like Badaling Great Wall and Terra Cotta Warriors.
Details of Ancient City Tour
Day 1: Arrival in Beijing
Our guide will pick you up at the exit of Beijing Airport and transfer you to the hotel. The rest of the day is on your own to explore the city.
Day 2: Beijing (B, L)
Pick you up from your hotel and visit the Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven. In the evening (about 7:15pm-8:30pm), enjoy the Peking Opera Show (or Chinese Acrobatic Show or Chinese Kongfu show, choose one show from these three options, depending on your interest).
- Tiananmen Square: is said to be the largest public square in the world. It is 880 meters from north to south, and 500 meters from east to west, with a total area of 440,000 square meters and can hold one million people.
- Forbidden City: the largest ancient imperial palaces where 24 emperors, 14 of the Ming and 10 of the Qing, ruled the country from here over a span of nearly 500 years.
- Temple of Heaven: The perimeter of the Temple of Heaven is 6,369 meters with 6 meters high. The temple was the place where the emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties worshipped heaven and prayed for good harvests.
Day 3: Beijing (B, L, D)
Pick you up from your hotel and visit the Badaling Great Wall. To avoid having lunch at shopping site restaurants, you will be driven to have Sichuan food at a local popular restaurant. in the afternoon visit the Sacred Way, the Ming Tomb, the Bird's Nest (Olympic National Stadium) and the Water Cube (Olympic Aquatic Center). Enjoy the Peking Duck Dinner in the evening.
- Badaling Great Wall: As its name implies it gives access to every direction. With an elevation of 600 meters it is the most famous and best-preserved section of the Great Wall. (60 miles away from downtown, about one and half hour's drive).
- Ming Tomb: it is the largest clusters of imperial cemeteries in China. They are mausoleums of thirteen emperors of the Ming Dynasty. Dingling and Changling were open to the tourist. Dingling is the tomb of Emperor Shenzong and his two empresses, it is an underground palace. Changling, the tomb of Emperor Chengzu and his empress, is the largest and most magnificent one of the Ming Tombs.
-Sacred Way: Which means the road leading to heaven is lined with 18 pairs of stone human figures and animals, they are important decorations of the mausoleum.
Day 4: Beijing - Xian (B, L)
Pick you up from your hotel and visit the Summer Palace. Take a flight to Xian and transfer to the Hotel.
- Summer Palace: the largest and best preserved imperial garden of the Qing Dynasty extant in Beijing, as well as a famous classical imperial garden.
Day 5: Xian (B, L)
Pick you up from your hotel and visit the Terra Cotta Warriors. In the afternoon, visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, the Bell Tower. This evening you will be entertained with the marvelous Tang Dynasty Dinner Show. Transfer back to your hotel.
- Terra Cotta Warriors: It is a part of the Qin emperor's tomb complex, the Terra Cotta Warriors is the greatest findings in the archeology world.
- Big Wild Goose Pagoda: the symbol of the long history of Xian, and a well-preserved ancient building and holy worshipping shrine for Buddhists.
- Bell Tower: a stately traditioanl architecture, marks the geographical center of the ancient capital.
- Tang Dynasty Show: a wonderful performance of the ancient music and dance, is a must when you visit Xian.
Day 6: Xian - Beijing (B, L)
Pick you up from your hotel and take you to visit the Provincial Museum and the Ancient City Wall. Take a flight to Beijing.
- Provincial Museum: Opened in 1991, the museum is a giant architectural in the Tang-dynasty style and it successfully symbolizes the great extent of Shaanxi history and its remarkable culture.
- Xian Ancient City Wall: the most complete city wall survived in China as well as one of the largest ancient military defensive systems in the world.
Tour Price (exchange rate: 1US$ = 6.35CNY)
|City||Luxury Class||Standard Class||Budget Class|
|Beijing||Beijing International Hotel||Beijing Howard Johnson Paragon Hotel||Golden Palace Silver Street Hotel|
|Xian||Xian Hyatt Regency Hotel||Xian Canaan International Hotel||Xian City Hotel|
1. Internal flights & taxes and train tickets;
2. Hotels with daily breakfasts;
3. Meals as listed in the itinerary, B=Breakfast; L=Lunch; D=Dinner;
4. Excellent individual English-speaking tour guide & driver;
5. Private air-conditioned car or van;
6. Entrance fees to all tourist sites;
1. Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets;
2. Visa Fees;
3. Personal Expenses;
4. Tips to the guide and the driver;
5. Meals: Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary;
6. Single Room Supplement.
1. Price may vary according to different seasons. You can extend your stay in Shanghai after this package finished, we will keep the discount hotel rate for you for the extended days.
2. You could choose any hotel on our website and tell us, we will give you a price of this tour with the hotel you want.
3. Children taller than 1.1 meter should be charged as full price, and shorter than 1.1 meter could enjoy 50% off.
Tour Booking or Enquiry Form
1. Welcome to use our online service. You can just fill in the online reservation form above or send your any travel questions by email email@example.com. Our tour advisors will contact you with your detail tour information during the working hour (9:00am~19:00pm).
2. You are also welcomed to call us at 86-10-51660414. If you have urgent matters after our normal office hour, please contact us at 86-13910684455 (24 hours available).
3. We accept last minute booking. Our trip advisors will have your booking confirmed no more than 12 hour working time. Once your reservation is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email or call from us, including the detailed itinerary with prices.Payment Methods:
1. Cash to tour guide (CNY/ USD);
2. Credit Card through PayPal;
3. Western Union Money Transfer.
4. Bank Remit (Wire Transfer);Useful Remark:
1. Please tell us your accommodation place in Beijing (better with room number) via email, which is convenient for our tour guide to pick you up on tour day smoothly.
2. At the night before tour day, our tour guide will call you to inform you the actual pick up time; if you are not in hotel room, we will leave a message for you with specific time.
I was so enjoyed in the ancient city tour in Beijing and Xian. The Forbidden City is magnificent and large. The imperial palaces were all beautiful. Our tour guide made a detailed explanation about the history of Beijing. Xian is also an ancient city which worth to visit.
We enjoyed this tour very much! Beijing and Xian were all very great, we saw the great wall and the Terra Cotta Warriors, we were so exciting and they were amazing! The tour guide take care us a lot and we felt so happy! All the things in this tour was nice. Thanks.
I like this ancient city tour. The historical sites I visited in Beijing and Xian are sooo amazing and impressive. Of course, the Great Wall and Terra Cotta Warriors are my favorite spots. Chinese meals offer by this tour are quite good. The tour guide is also nice, friendly and professional.
I enjoyed six day ancient cities tour during long holiday. From Beijing to Xian, I visit the famous Badaling Great Wall and Terra Cotta Warriors. Although tired, I am very happy.
China Tour Packages
- Best China Tour
- Yangtze River Tour
- Tibet Tour
- Silk Road Tour
- Yunnan & Guizhou Tour
- World Heritage Tour
- China Train Tour
- China Group Tour
Top Single China City Tours
China City Hotel
- Call Center86-10-51660414
- Working Hours9:00AM~6:00PM
China Tour from Beijing
- Beijing Xian Tour
- Beijing Tianjin
- Beijing Shanghai
- Beijing Guilin
- Beijing Datong
- Beijing Pingyao
- Beijing Luoyang
- Beijing Chengde
Tour Customer Review
Xanthe : "Fantastic in-depth Beijing Great Wall tour gave us forever memory of the Great Wall. Grand monument and mythical scenery, every side of Great Wall attracts us deeply. In fact, climbing Great Wall was very tired, so we choice took the cable car the second day. I found it was a good idea to take cable..."